We've done some fun stuff, though:
- We had an impromptu weekend in Vegas, sort of by accident. (I've got a whole post partially done on that, so no details now.)
- We moved (yes, again.) We are living in a big ward in Mountain View, CA, now. We found an apartment managing gig that was too great to pass up - free rent in one of the most expensive areas in the country, only a short commute for Jon? Yes please. We have a fair amount of turnover in our complex, which does make for some work, but our residents are great for the most part. It's a pretty tiny apartment compared to what we're used to, but the space is very usable and we're making it work. Our new ward is gigantic and full of people in our same demographic. We're enjoying getting to know people, though it goes a little more slowly when there are different people at every activity. Edit 6/8/14 - I started this post a few days ago, and since we moved in we have often said we wouldn't be surprised if they split the ward sometime soon, since it seems sort of full-to-bursting. Sure enough, today in Sacrament Meeting they announced that the stake is going to rearrange ward boundaries, adding a ward. Apparently, the last reorganization they had was when they consolidated the wards - in 1992. Wow. Also, check out the view from our front porch! It's a pretty complex.
- Jon took a welding class. He made us a coat rack out of a long chain and some tow hooks. It is awesome. Now we have our twin "big projects" in our apartment - the bookshelf I made and the coat rack he made. Someday we will live in a warehouse and make more stuff. Yay!
- We went to Hawaii for a babymoon. We loved snorkeling with sea turtles, visiting the Blowhole, and driving the Road to Hana, and we think we have figured out a pretty great copycat recipe for the awesome fish tacos at a restaurant in Kihei called Coconuts. Yum. It's not exact but it's still super tasty. Perhaps we will post some pictures someday. Perhaps we will not get around to it. OK, fine, here are a few just in case we never post more.
- We took maternity pictures. Our photographer is totally neglecting her editing duties by taking exciting mountain climbing vacations in Thailand and moving away from California (the nerve! :) ), so we will post a few when we have them. It was fun.
- I cut my hair some. It's not drastic but it was a fun change. I was trying to grow my hair out and I finally realized that my hair grows only so long and then it just stops. so I decided to embrace it. My hair in the Hawaii pictures is the new, shorter length.
OK, that's enough for now. Happy Sabbath!